Welcome To Turkey
You may have lots of reasons to come to Turkey!
Turkey is an attraction to everyone in the world because of the spiritual and physical features which are unique to each single city.
It is a country that gathers the cultures of the East and West together.
You can analyze the culture and tourism options from this link: http://www.kultur.gov.tr/?_dil=2
We also would like to inform you about the legal procedures you need to obtain as an international student.
Residence Permit & Visa
It is highly recommended that before coming to Turkey you should apply for the student visa. You can apply with your “letter of acceptance” from İstanbul Medipol University and a completed visa application form. You can do it in the nearest Turkish Consulate in your country
The students demanding to study in Medipol are required to go to the nearest Turkish Consulate in their countries and acquire a student visa. When they arrive in Turkey, the Residence Permit process will start for the students. They have to apply to the institution named as “T.C. İçişleri Bakanlığı – Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü” in Turkey in order to get it. In this process, the International Office will help them step by step about informing. In other words; Student visa is required to register as a student in Turkey. Exceptions are those who are legal dependents of someone in Turkey on a diplomatic visa or with a work visa. Before coming to Turkey, students should take their Letters of Acceptance* to the nearest Turkish Consulate in their native country and obtain a student visa Then, the students will be provided with the Residence Permit (İkamet Belgesi) that is valid regarding the period of time they will study be Temporary Residence Permit / Visa Requirements studying at IMU as indicated on their Student Visa.
If your country is not exempted from visa by the Republic of Turkey, ordinary passport holders are required to have a visa to enter Turkey. However, some countries are exempted from applying for Turkish Visa. To learn about the visa regime applied by Turkey to your country, please check the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-forforeigners.en.mfa For those who need to apply for a student visa, you need to make the online appointment via www.visa.gov.tr web address.
Key issues for receiving a student visa; – Student visas must be obtained from the nearest Turkish Consulate in the country – Student visas cannot be obtained within Turkey. – You must apply for a student visa with your “Letter of Acceptance” from İstanbul Medipol University and a completed visa application form. Residence Permit Applications are done at İstanbul – İl Göç İdaresi Müdürlüğü. For more detailed information; http://www.goc.gov.tr/main/Tr_1
Then, prepare the required documents: One of the most crucial points is that you cannot apply for E-visa as a student as this is only available for foreigners aiming to travel around the country. Based on this, these kinds of applications are required to be carried out via Turkish Representatives. According to the Law for International Students; those who will come to our country as of 1 January 2015 are obliged to provide passport or a kind of document (substitute of passport) – valid at least for 60 days as of ending period;
- One’s visa to expire;
- One’s Residence Permit to expire,
- One’s visa exemption to expire
- Required Documents after Your Arrival
- Original copy of your signed “Learning Agreement”
- Copy of your ID or passport
- 6 photos ( 4 biometrical format)
- Biometric Photo
- Authorization by Parents /Custodians (for students under 18 years of age)
- Acceptance Letter (Available online via application program. MEDIPOL will not send a hardcopy of acceptance letter. The list of the accepted students have been sent to the Turkish Embassies and Consulates. So please ask the officials to check your name. If they ask for additional confirmation, you may contact us. Graduate students should contact the graduate school to ask for their acceptance letters.)
- Income Statement / Sponsorship Letter
- Additional documents (Citizen ID, Passport and its copy, Diplomas, Health Insurance, visa form, visa fees, etc.) Please note that during the registration day at MEDIPOL, you need to have a valid visa. If your visa has expired, you need to have either a valid entry stamp on your passport or residence permit. The allowed maximum duration to stay in Turkey with your student visa and without residence permit varies from country to country. Please make sure that you apply for a residence permit before your maximum duration ends. Also, visas given by Turkish authorities are valid for 180 days, which means that you have to enter Turkey within 180 days after the issuance of your visa.
If you are going to stay for more than 90 days you have to apply for permit residence in Turkey. As the International Office we will provide help to you step by step about informing. The process will start after your arrival. You may check this website in order to get detailed information: https://en.goc.gov.tr/ As an exchange student you will apply for the student residence permit.
We recommend you to come to Turkey wıth a student visa. This will make your life easier in Turkey for further processes such as equıvalence letter and residence permit. however, if you face problem in getting a student visa, you may come to turkey with a tourist visa or e-visa as well. Please check the webpage of the Ministry of Foreign affairs given above for detailed information.
The students who are the citizens of Federal Republic of Germany, Holland, Belgium, Austria, France, Macedonia, Romania, The Czech Republic, Bosnia Herzegovina, Albania, Luxemburg, Croatia and Serbia have to acquire a document concerning Health Insurance in order to carry out their insurance policy in Turkey. As for the other students whose countries are not mentioned above, they have to carry out their Health Insurance when they come to Turkey within the first 3 months in the institution entitled as SGK or they can do it with private institutions as well. As International Office, we will always provide help to students in this matter about instructions and steps of the process.