Residence Permit

Residence Permit

There are useful documents you can get

Residence permit application

Having arrived in Turkey, and after completing your university registration, the most important thing you need to do is to apply for a residence permit.

After you fill out the application form at deliver paperwork from your international student affairs office.

You will be able to carry out all formal transactions as long as you stay in Turkey with your residence card and foreign identification (YU) number you receive after your application.

If your residence card does not expire, it can be used while entering or leaving Turkey, and thus you do not need to get a new visa. It is important that you renew your residence permit before the validity period expires.

You are exempt from the residence application fee as a student, you are only required to pay the card fee.


First, you should apply from the Immigration Office website:  Click Here

Required documents:

Application form should be printed

Health insurance

4 photos

Copy of your passport

Copy of your current residence (if you have)

Copy of your rental contract or dormitory paper if you stay in there

Student certificate (from Mebis)

Receipt of payment (160 TL should be paid to the tax office and receipt should be submitted to us)


It has become obligatory to take fingerprints from foreigners who lives in Istanbul. For this reason, in order to obtain fingerprint permission from students who apply for residence after 28.03.2022, students must personally submit their files to the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management on the appointment day. The documents of the students who apply for residence after this date (28.03.2022) will not be taken by the University, and the students will submit any extension/first application files on their own appointment day.

Student Certificate Demand


In order to request/demand a Student Certificate;

1. After logging into MEBİS, click on the “Student” menu.

2. Click the “Document Operations” menu from the drop-down menus.

3. Click on the “Add New Document Request (+)” icon on the Document Operations screen and fill in the required information on the Document Request Form. (With / without picture, Turkish / English and wet signature status should be marked)

4. Click on the “Save” button at the bottom of the Document Request Form and let the request reach the Student Affairs Unit.

*** For visa applications and documents that foreign students will request to be submitted to the Provincial Immigration Administration, the “Wet Signature” status in the “Add New Document Request (+)” tab on the Document Operations screen must be marked.

In order to receive your “Student Certificate” you have requested;

1. After logging into MEBİS, click on the “Student” menu.

2. Click the “Document Operations” menu from the drop-down menus.

3. If your document is “Ready” in the opened tab, a “Download” button will appear on the right. Click the “Download” button and download the e-signed document. (Wet Signed Student Documents are not downloaded via Mebis system.)

4. Your document will be downloaded to your computer in PDF format. To open the document, “PDF Viewer” programs must be available on your computer. (Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader etc.)

5. Your document is ready to print with e-signature.

High School Eqivalency Certificate

Those who study at private education institutions at the international primary and secondary education level and at the schools opened by embassies in the country and at the primary and secondary education institutions in Turkey and abroad can apply.


You can apply through e-equivalency module from: . Take an appointment and after that bring your documents to International Student Affairs Office