If you missed the Orientation Program last semester or enrolled after September, you can join the spring term Orientation Program, which will be held on February 15 and 19. You need to fill in the form on our website to register for the program. You can access the program, which will be 25 academic hours long, via Microsoft Teams. You can log on Microsoft Teams with your MEBIS account information. It is crucial to participate in the program to make your adaptation process easier and discover Istanbul and Turkey. Please visit our website for more information on the registration, course content, and schedule.
Language of Instruction – English
5 days х 5 academic hours = 25 academic hours = 25 lessons
1 Academic Hour = 45 min
Lessons 1&2: 9:00 – 10:30
Break Time: 10:30 – 10:45
Lessons 3&4: 10:45 – 12:15
Break Time: 12:15-12:30
Lesson 5: 12:30-13:15
You will discover:
- your personal learning style and learning strategy;
- how to take lecture notes;
- how to give a short presentation;
- how to study effectively.
2-SYSTEM OF EDUCATION IN TURKEY
You will get information about:
- system of education in Turkey;
- levels and types of higher education in Turkey;
- academic Exchange programmes (Erasmus, Mevlana, and Farabi);
- languages of instruction, where and how to learn Turkish and improve your English.
3-MEDIPOL UNIVERSITY STRUCTURE
You will discover:
- Medipol University in facts and figures;
- campus life:
- location of campuses;
- hospitals and healthcare;
- cafeterias and canteens;
- student clubs and activities;
- shopping and other facilities;
- how to get a reduced-fare transportation card;
- how to buy a sim card and register your phone;
- how to get a reduced-fare museum card.
4-FROM CULTURE SHOCK TO CULTURAL AWARENESS
You will find out:
- symptoms and impact of culture shock and how to deal with it;
- what cultural awareness is and its levels.
You will learn more about Turkey and Turkish:
- history and geography;
- famous people;
- tradition and values;
- dos and don’ts;
Attend Medipol Orientation Program online
and make yourself at home in Turkey!