Candidates who can apply as an international students;
- are either in the final grade of senior high school or graduates of senior high school;
have a foreign nationality
- were born as Turkish citizens but were later denationalized via Turkey’s Ministry of Home having the document to evidence the exercise of the recognized rights according to the Turkish Nationality Law in reference to article7 numbered 5901. According to the mentioned article, an infant born out of Turkish matrimony inside or outside Turkey must review the named law if willing to benefit from the foreign national’s quota
- have obtained their senior high school completion diploma from either a Turkish school or non-Turkish school abroad.
- are with TRNC citizenship in TRNC and have obtained their GCE-AL degrees having completed their high school,
- enrolled in high school within 2005 and 2010, and are presently holding or will receive GCE-AL degree
Note: GCE-AL stands for ‘The General Certificate of Education – Advanced Level; TRNC is for Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
Candidates who cannot apply as an international student;
- who has Turkish citizenship with a senior high school completion diploma from either Turkey or TRNC.
- who has dual citizenship with his/her first citizenship as Turkish from birth according to article 2.1./a-2 of this guide, including the one who has obtained his/her senior high school diploma from TRNC only, and the one who has received his/her senior high school diploma from a Turkish school in a foreign country other than TRNC).
- who has dual citizenship with TRNC citizenship. S/he has not received his/her senior high school diploma from a TRNC high school holding a GCE-AL degree. Besides, s/he has registered at a high school in other countries between 2005 and 2010, currently having or will obtain a GCE AL degree.
Note: An applicant who has studied or is currently studying at schools subject to the embassies in Turkey or at foreign high schools in Turkey together with a dual citizen whose first citizenship is Turkish as designated in the article 2.1 /a.2 of this guide is not accepted.